Snow chains for 21″ wheels over here are not that easy to find. THese are actually supposed to be for 4×4 vehicles, but they seem to fit as well as any chain and don’t foul any of the brake or suspension parts.
Should these give any trouble we’ve also got snow socks:
The trip is going to be through the Pyrenees mountains as this is slightly shorter than going round by the coast. It will take us past Andorra and up along the Mediterranean coast before going up to Valence, Grenoble and then our final destination, La Plagne.
The charge points are:
- Zaragoza lunch – the Hotel Reina Petronila (already visited there),
- Seu d’Urgell overnight – the Parador – the have confirmed that the 22kW power outlet has been prepared
- Montpelier lunch and shopping – IKEA – My friend James Morlaix has spoken to them but until we get there we will not know if it works or not
- Grenoble overnight – Friend’s house with regular Schuko outlet
- La Plagne – Smitten By Snow (www.smittenbysnow.com) have organised charging in the undergound car park.
Total trip is 1347kms, with some interesting mountain passes on the way and a good climb to wrap things up:
I am packing a portable wallbox and Mennekes cable, the UMC with red 16A adapter and Schuko adapter too, plus a few extra plugs and sockets just in case. Its always good to carry a multimeter, head torch, knife, scissors, screwdrivers and pliers in order to be able to adapt to any strange power outlets.
Hope to be off before 10am tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted on progress…